From our Research Desk:
Can Western Digital Hold the Line?
Its financial position continues to trend lower, but is the stock attractive at these prices? Since hitting $114/share in November 2014, Western Digital’s stock has lost 70% of its value, and it’s trading at levels not seen since 2012. Also, its stock has trailed the S&P 500 over the last 1, 3, and 5 year periods. (Read More)
Trimble Breaks Out to New All-Time Highs
I bet you have no idea what this company does. Neither did we. But it's making all-time highs and throws off tons of cash. After two and a half years of trading sideways, Trimble ($TRMB) broke out to new all-time highs. They've gained 27% YTD vs. 8% for the S&P 500. (Read More)
This Homebuilder is Trading at Levels not Seen Since 2005
Pulte Group ($PHI) has recouped all its losses from the March, COVID induced sell-off, and is up 22% YTD, vs. 8% for the S&P 500. (Read More)
First Solar Has Gained 38% YTD. More Gains to Come?
First Solar and clean energy stocks have been 🔥 in the first half of 2020. First Solar ($FSLR) is up 38% YTD, vs. 8% for the S&P 500 with more gains likely if the stock can clear one key hurdle. (Read More)
The Week's Top Ten:
- Inside Ant Group’s Giant Valuation: One Billion Alipay Users and Big Profit Margins. (WSJ)
- A list of companies that filed to go public. (Axios Pro Rata)
- Unity Software plans to list on the NYSE under the ticker symbol $U (TechCrunch). Read its S-1.
- BJ's Wholesale notches 300% digital growth. (Retail Dive)
- Williams Sonoma Q2 2020 results. [They are crushing it. Its stock hit an all-time high]
- The Median S&P Stock Has Never Been More Expensive. (WSJ)
- Fed researches 'hypothetical' central bank digital currency (Banking Dive)
- Google partners with midsize banks on checking account services (Banking Dive)
- Pitney Bowes Is Unboxing E-Commerce Bonanza (WSJ)
- Software Firms Gear Up to Reveal Books Ahead of Busy IPO Season (Bloomberg)
The Week Ahead:
Note: New IPO articles can be found here.