Dropbox ($DBX) has quietly put in a stellar year for both its stock performance and business operations. Its stock is up ~30% YTD compared to gains of 6% for its closest competitor, Box ($BOX).
What's its Chart Telling us?
- Since September 2018, Dropbox has traded a $16-$26 range. Now, price is bumping up against the $24-$26 resistance level.
- If price fails to eclipse $26, we could see a move towards the lower end of the range near $17.50.
- I'm looking for a move above the $24-$26 resistance level and a retest of the post-IPO high at $43.50. That's a 67% gain from $26.
Q3 2020 highlights
|Q3 2020||Q3 2019||YoY change (%)|
|GAAP gross margin||78.8%||75.5%||N/A|
|GAAP operating margin||6.2%||(4.3)%||N/A|
|GAAP net income||$32.7M||($17.0)M||N/A|
|Free cash flow||$187.0M||$102.5M||82%|
- ARR = annual recurring revenue
- ARPU = Average revenue per paying user
Paying users and ARPU (bolded) are key metrics Dropbox uses to measure the health of its business.
The Latest on Dropbox
Get our best content in your inbox every Sunday.